Friday, May 29, 2009

Greetings from Anchorage...


N 61°13′01″
W 149°53′15"

The expedition is over, but the adventure is about to begin. While a very long and expensive journey, it all became worth it once we entered Alaska yesterday afternoon. Immense snow capped mountains in the far distance creating a massive and seemingly impenetrable wall of rock, snow and ice. Cruising down Alaska Highway 1 was amazing about 90 miles west of Anchorage. We passed by three glaciers, and those being the frist glaciers I have ever seen, they were truly break taking. Alaska is utterly unbelievable, and the drive out to the Kenai Peninsula, I heard was even better with mountains and jagged peaks to the east and the Pacific to the west.

Now that I am half way across the world, I am going try to reinvent myself...

"Driving west out of Atlanta, he intended to invent an utterly new life for himself, one in which he would be free to wallow in unfiltered experience. To symbolize the complete severance from his previous life, he even adopted a new name. No longer would he answer to Chris McCandless; he was now Alexander Supertramp, mast of his own destiny."
-Into the Wild

Long story short, I am going to try to go by a new first name. Only a handful of people knew that I never liked the name Kyle. I just simply do not think it fits me, so I am going to see if this new name (which I won't reveal yet) fits me better.

No comments:

Post a Comment